No doubt, Netflix is one of the leading subscription-based video streaming services all over the globe. It provides its users with a wide variety of content, from award-winning films to documentaries. Long story short, by only signing up on Netflix, you can get access to most of the international and local content.
One of the best things about this video streaming platform is that it offers the facility of subtitles. So, even if you solely understand one language, you can still enjoy a show or film being produced in another language. Netflix also provides the option of customizing the subtitles, which means the subscribers can choose whether they want to switch on/off, change the color, size, etc., of the subtitles.
The subscribers have the option of not only choosing the subtitle language but also allow them to change Netflix language, which helps them comprehend the streaming service options.
If you are new to this video-streaming service, you might be confused about how to change subtitles on Netflix? Don’t worry; we got you!
How to Turn off Subtitles on your Mobile Device or Computer
Imagine you are watching ‘The Invisible Guest’ that is one of the best picked mystery movies on Netflix, with all the focus but Netflix big subtitles keep on distracting and testing your patience, no worries anymore! you can switch it off anytime.
Follow the below-given steps on your mobile or computer, and you will be able to solve your problem in a matter of minutes.
- First, sign in to your account on the Netflix app or the browser.
- Next, click on a film or show that you want to watch.
- As the video starts playing, you will see an option of Audio and Subtitles at the bottom of your mobile screen device.
- Tap on the given button and click on the turn off subtitles option.
- In the case of a computer, randomly move your cursor and find the dialogue icon.
- Now, just click on it and alter the Netflix subtitles settings as per your liking.
- Lastly, tap on the apply button to save your settings on the video-streaming service.
How to Manage Subtitles from a Firestick Device
It is quite easy to personalize the subtitles settings if you are using a Firestick device. It will allow the user to optimize their in-home smart TV experience by selecting their desired options.
- Stream your favorite show and visit its description page, where you will find the option of Audio & subtitles.
- Now using your Fire TV remote, press the button showing ‘select’ as this will lead to the opening of a subtitle menu where you can adjust the setting of closed captions on Netflix.
- Next, you just have to select the settings that suit you the most. The chosen options will be saved automatically, so your job is done here.
Manage Netflix Subtitles from a Roku Device
If you are using a Roku device, you might wonder whether there is any difference in changing settings. Strictly speaking, there is not much. Just read the following given guideline, and you will be able to solve your query about how to change subtitles on Netflix within no time.
- Firstly, you will have to find the option of Audio and subtitles on either the title description page or during playback on Netflix using the Roku remote.
- Next, tap on the options of your choice, and you will be good to go. Now, you can easily adjust settings of closed captions on Netflix.
Manage Netflix Subtitles from an Android or iPhone
You can navigate subtitle settings on your Android or iPhone only during playback and not on the show or film description page.
- Using your Android or iOS device, sign in to your Netflix app.
- Start streaming any given title. During the playback, scroll down the screen, and you will find an option for Audio and Subtitles.
- Like other devices, the rest of the drill is the same that is tap on any Netflix subtitles choice according to your preference.
Manage Netflix Subtitles from a PC or Mac
If you are worried about ‘can Netflix change subtitle size’? or feel like you need to alter any other subtitle setting on your PC or Mac, then read on.
- Open your Netflix account on either the browser or the video streaming app.
- Click on any title of your choice and stream the show or movie.
- Move your cursor, let it land on the dialogue icon, and make your subtitle choices.
Manage Netflix Subtitles from a Smart TV
There are two ways to customize subtitle settings on smart TV. You can do it both before and after the playback starts.
- You will have to launch the video-streaming platform on your smart television in the first method.
- Next, click on any movie or show title.
- Find the options panel button on the opening page and click on it.
- Tap on the Audio and Subtitles option and select your preferences.
- For the second method, stream any episode or movie. And using your remote, press on the arrow showing the Up sign.
- Go to the dialog menu and make your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I change subtitles on Netflix?
Sometimes subtitles on Netflix don’t change, which is due to some problem in your app. The most commonly done practice is to reload your Netflix app to fix the problem. You should be able to do this from the Home screen by pressing ‘Left’ to land on the app menu. From the bottom of the screen, select ‘Get Help’ and choose Reload Netflix. There are other ways to fix this problem, but if none of them work, the problem may be different. Maybe the language you are trying to change the subtitle to isn’t available due to your location.
Can I get different subtitles on Netflix?
Yes, you can get different subtitles on Netflix by going to the Netflix subtitles settings. Netflix does provide at least 5 to 7 languages relevant to your location. If you download, even so, you will be able to get the two most relevant language subtitles.
Can Text Size Be Adjusted?
Yes, you can adjust the text size according to your wish on Netflix. Not only can you adjust the size to go with your desires, but you can also change the font, background color of subtitles, and their shadows. To resize the text size on the Netflix app, you will have to update the accessibility settings first.
Can the Font Size Be Changed?
Technically, yes. You can change the font size of the subtitles on Netflix. Whether you want small or large subtitles, changing the font size won’t be a problem if you know the steps. Log in to your Netflix account; in the drop-down menu, click on ‘My Account.’ There, choose ‘Subtitle Appearance.’ You will be able to change the font size now and type with the drop-down menus.
Subtitles are an important tool for people who love watching movies in different languages. Netflix is a platform that provides subtitle facilities to its subscribers and lets them switch it on/off, change the size, font, etc. Sometimes it can be confusing to figure out how to change subtitle settings on Netflix. So, we are here to help you out. Read the whole article if you wish to have your best experience on Netflix.