Netflix has the option of sharing your account with multiple people, things don’t often remain under your control, and the option of starting things over might have come to your mind more often than you notice. Netflix only allows five profiles per account, so if at any point you wish to add another profile, you must delete the ones that are no longer in use. So knowing about how to delete watched history is important.
How To Delete Your Netflix Profile
Deleting a Netflix profile is as easy as drinking water. It might seem like a pretty complicated process When you create a Netflix account, one primary profile is created alongside it. This profile is permanent, and you ordinarily can’t remove or delete it.
If you want to eliminate this account, you need to cancel your Netflix account entirely. At first, if you follow a step-by-step guide, you won’t get stuck much and get over with the deletion in no time at all.
Here are some easy steps on how to delete a Netflix profile within minutes:
Deleting From PC
To delete a Netflix Profile from a PC, use the following steps:
- Launch the Netflix website or app. If you use the windows app and not any browser, you’d probably be logged in already but if not, just locate the ‘Sign in’ option in the top right corner.
- After logging in, the first page that pops up will display all the existing profiles associated with your account.
- Click on the profile you wish to delete and go to the Menu icon in the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will appear, and you’ll have to select ‘Manage profiles’.
- Once you’re onto the next page, select your profile and click on the pencil icon in the middle.
- Select the Delete Profile option on the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
- Confirm your choice by again clicking the ‘delete profile’ tab.
By doing this, your profile and all its setting or history will automatically be deleted from the app.
Deleting From A Smartphone OR Tablet
The majority of Netflix users navigate the app through their smartphones or tablets. The app layout is the same in both device types.
Account deletion from a Smartphone or a Tablet may be slightly different from a PC but still pretty easy.
- Once you have signed in to your account, tap the Edit button in the top right corner.
- Once you click on that, all the account profiles will be displayed, with the little pencil icon on each of them.
- Select the pencil icon for the profile you want to delete, and a little trash can icon will appear.
- Tap on that icon, and it’ll ask for confirmation again, which would be another screen saying, ‘Are you sure?’ confirm your decision and boom! The profile no longer exists.
Deleting From A Streaming Device OR Smart TV
If you’re no longer using a particular Netflix profile on your smart TV, you can delete it to tidy up your account. To do so,
- Open the app on your TV and log in.
- Once logged in, Netflix will display all the existing profiles and a tab labeled “Manage Profiles.”
- Once you click “Manage Profile”, a pencil icon will appear on all profiles.
- Click the pencil icon of the profile you wish to delete.
- You will be taken to the ‘Edit Profile page.
- Select Delete profile and confirm.
How To Delete A Netflix Profile Using A Web Browser
Deleting a profile using a web browser is similar to how it’s done on most devices.
- Log in to your account and locate the profile icon on the top right.
- A drop-down menu would appear once you click it, from which you’re supposed to select ‘manage profiles’.
- You’ll be transferred to a new screen, which will have all your profiles displayed.
- Click on whichever profile you want to be deleted and select the ‘delete profile’ option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm your selection one more time, and you’ll be good to go!
How To Delete A Netflix Profile On Your Mobile Device
To delete a Netflix profile from a mobile device, you have to:
- Log in to your account.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, locate the ‘More’ option at the bottom and go to ‘manage profiles’.
- A new page will be displayed, showing all the profiles linked to your account.
- Select the profile you want to delete and tap on the ‘Delete Profile’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- A popup box would ask you if you want to proceed with the action, and once you confirm it, your profile will be deleted successfully.
Follow the same steps if you have an iPhone because app options don’t change in both configurations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is there no delete button on Netflix profile?
The multiple confirmations and step-by-step process exist to ensure that your decision is carefully thought out and you don’t accidentally delete a profile.
How do I change the main profile on Netflix?
When you sign in to your account, Netflix asks you to choose a profile. The profile you click on remains the ‘main profile’ until you log out or switch profiles. You can use the ‘Edit Profile’ tab to make changes to your main profile.
Will profile deletion mess up my account?
Profile deletion does nothing to your account. Of course, all the user settings and history associated with that particular profile will be deleted, but the account will remain untouched.
How many profiles can I add?
Netflix allows you to make a total of 5 profiles max. However, having multiple profiles isn’t an option for devices made before 2013.
We’ve written this article to include all the possibilities of Netflix Profile deletion, and easy steps are listed to make it as worry-free for you as possible. We have addressed all the relevant information in the article to ensure that you do not have to go out of your way to learn more about the matter.