Because of the pandemic, our entertainment activities have been limited solely to our homes, and now most statistics are reporting that there is a rise in activities like watching television shows and movies on subscription channels and streaming platforms like Netflix.
If you’re also among these people, you must be trying to understand how to set up your account and the functions that help you how to make Netflix better by changing a few settings. The following article will help you with everything you need to understand about features that will enhance your Netflix experience.
How to Create Multiple Profiles
If you and your friends wish to set up one Netflix which you can all share and watch movies together, you can set up multiple profiles on your Netflix account by following the given steps:
- Click on the My Profile icon on your account and scroll down to the Manage Profiles section.
- Find the option Add Profile, and enter a name of your choice.
- You can add multiple profiles to your account according to your subscription plan. Once you are done, click on Continue.
*Note: The number of profiles allowed vary for each Netflix plan.
How to Set Up Parental Controls
If you’re a parent setting up a family account on Netflix, you would be concerned about whether the content shown on this app can be controlled to prevent little children from coming across obscene content. There is a way to do this, and we shall explain it all here.
Netflix allows parents to enable the parental control option that censors adult content from children’s profiles. Here’s how can do that:
- Scroll down on the Settings option and click on the tab Parental Control.
- Here, you can enter a password or create a four-digit PIN.
- You can change the PIN code for the selected age group you wish to censor from your children’s Netflix account,
- You can also enter specific shows that can only be viewed if the PIN code is entered correctly.
- Once you’re done with setting up, click on Save.
How to Adjust Playback Settings?
Autoplay allows you to shift to the next episode of the series if you’ve completed the first one automatically. You can enable or disable this option by clicking on the given checkboxes, as well as control the quality and data usage per screen. For this:
- Click on your profile and select the option Playback Settings.
- Select your choice of video quality screening which can be low, medium, or high.
- After making a choice, click on Save.
How to Adjust Language Settings
The Netflix feature of offering content in multiple languages sounds great until the screen displays in different language. You can easily change language on netflix by following these steps:
- Go to your Account page and select your profile.
- Click Language option, you will find language option just below your profile.
- Select your preferred language and click on Save.
How to Customize the Subtitles?
If you’re fond of watching foreign films and wish to watch them in English or any other language, then here is a way you can enable that.
- Click on your Profile and select the option Subtitle Appearance.
- Select a preferred subtitle.
- You can also change the font style by making the text font “Bold” or “Casual.”
- You can also pick a color of your choice to make the text visible on your screen.
- You can further select the four different shadow options for your text as well as a different shadow color.
- You may also add a background or window color if you like.
- Once you have selected the subtitles of your choice, click on save.
Update the Communications Setting
Netflix constantly updates its users through email on the upcoming television series and movies arriving on its app. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails, follow the given steps:
- Click on the My Profile icon and select Communication Settings.
- Select the kind of emails you wish to receive regarding new content, features, or surveys.
- You also have the choice to add your phone number to improve your security and provide backup in case you misplace your password.
- After making the selection, click on Save.
Decide your list order.
Netflix allows you to decide on how your saved movies and television shows appear on your portal. You can make adjustments quite easily by:
- Click on your Profile, and select the option Order in my List.
- Click on the Manual Ordering radio button and then click Save.
With this option, you can rearrange how your content must appear on your wall, rather than Netflix-recommended movies and shows appearing first.
How to Find Hidden Genres
Can’t seem to find anything entertaining to watch on Netflix? The app has a great solution for this by having a range of hidden categories just for their users to discover. You can find these by clicking on a genre of your choice, such as Action, in which you can find best action movies, and as you scroll down, you will find several subgenres like Action-Comedy, Action Thriller, or Mind Bending Action Sci-fi and Fantasy.
Change your Mobile Netflix Settings
Android and iOS users can adjust the settings of their Netflix app with just a few easy steps. However, the settings options vary with which type of system you are using.
- Simply tap on the More option and click on the App Settings.
- Iphone users can adjust the data usage options on their phone by enabling the Automatic option or change it to playback through Wi-Fi and save data. Furthermore, users can also control the video quality on their phones by either choosing Standard or Higher.
- Android users can click on the Allow Notifications options, after which Netflix keeps them updated on the upcoming films and television series or the latest suggestions they can watch.
How to Make Netflix Work for you
The suggestions given in this blog will help the new user set up a Netflix account according to their preference. If you wish to revert to the original settings, you can go on the Settings option and change the Netflix settings back to default.
Download Shows and Movies to Watch offline
You can download shows and movies from Netflix via your phone by clicking on the download option next to your movies and shows. However, it’s also important to remember that your downloads do not last forever and expire after a week, so you will have to re-download them.
Find Obscure Titles Using Netflix Codes.
When you open the app, you can see a selection of titles you have viewed recently. Netflix tailors suggestions according to your recent interests. But there is a way to further look for genres that aren’t commonly displayed on your page. To do so, you can type in Netflix codes that take you to different genres for a wider range of movies and shows.
These Netflix codes are short numbers that can provide access to different film genres; you must type them on the website’s URL bar to view them. For example, if you are looking for the best thriller movies on Netflix, you can simply enter 43048, rather than hassling around with different keywords combinations. Similarly, you can search for more codes for different genres on your search engines.
Get Netflix on your Favorite Devices.
Unlike other streaming services, Netflix offers its users the privilege to watch their favorite movies and television series on any device by simply connecting it to the internet. Other than your laptop, here is how you can watch Netflix on other devices:
- Television: most television sets allow users to connect to Netflix through a streaming device like Roku or Apple Tv. Smart television sets have a Netflix app option.
- Gaming Console: if you wish to watch Netflix on your Playstation 4 or Xbox One, then simply download the app on it.
- Phones or tablets: you can watch your movies and series on Netflix by simply downloading the app and logging into your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why my Netflix quality is low?
Netflix users can improve the video quality of their app by
- Watching movies during less busy hours, these hours include either early in the morning or late at night.
- You can fix the speed of your internet by contacting your network provider.
Can you reset Netflix algorithm?
You can reset the algorithm of your Netflix account with the following steps:
- Click on my account and the profile you use. Delete the recently watched shows that no longer interest you. As the Netflix algorithm bases its suggestions on your watch history, this will ensure you no longer receive suggestions based on it.
- Remove the ratings you gave on the shows you watched.
How do I change my Netflix from normal to kids?
Netflix has launched parental options that can make a profile child friendly. These options are mentioned below:
- PIN-protected profile: You can set a different PIN for any account you set up, and only the person with the PIN can access the content within it.
- Apply new filters: To enable this option, click on the Profile and select the Parental Controls option. Set the maturity rating by selecting among options like U, PG, 12, and 18. You can also restrict certain movies and television shows with the Title Restrictions feature, where you can type the show’s name and click on it when it appears on the screen.
How does Netflix improve efficiency?
You can improve the watching experience on Netflix by deciding between the HD or UHD option. Selecting between the two depends on how much you are willing to pay to subscribe to the app every month. Netflix offers the HD option to users for $9.99 per month, while the UHD option is for $19.99 per month and also offers more devices on which you can stream the app.
Do you love watching Netflix but feel like it could be even better? If you’re not getting the most out of your Netflix account, Use the tips given in this blog post, where we have shown you how to change a few settings on your account to improve your experience. But Whether you want to watch movies and TV shows in HD or want to increase the number of devices that can be used simultaneously, we have a solution for you.